TK Training is a high-level program that is dedicated to developing the all-around athlete. TK Training offers camps and clinics that cover on-ice skills, small area battle drills, off-ice training, along with video analysis, chalk talk and team bonding. Players who work with TK Training are sure to improve their hockey-specific skills as well as become stronger, fitter, and faster athletes. TK Training is committed to making sure they develop the elite all-around athlete with the healthiest and most effective techniques out there. Come join TK Training's elite staff to improve your game, get out of the hot summer air, and get into the best shape possible! Check back to this page to stay up to date with what we offer, and to register!
All TK Training programs are run by Katelyn Kurth and Steve Dougherty
- Four year member of Boston College Women's Division 1 hockey team
- Played professional hockey for the Boston Blades
Attended high school at the North American Hockey Academy (NAHA)
- Over 6 years of coaching experience with boys and girls ages 3-19
- Won Boston College's "Flying Eagle" Award in 2011 which is awarded to the Most Outstanding Senior Hockey Player
- Voted to the Hockey East All Star team
- Grew up in NJ playing boys' hockey through Midget Minor AAA
- Served as assistant captain at Boston College her junior year
- Served as captain at Boston College her senior year
- Part of two Beanpot Championship teams
- Won a Hockey East Championship
- Part of two Elite 8 and one Frozen Four team
- Grew up playing Tier 1 hockey in NJ, attending USA Hockey National Championships at multiple age levels
- Played Juniors in Victoria, British Columbia
- Coached #2 ranked Boys High School team in NJ
- On-ice staff for Atlantic District Tryouts for USA National Camp
- Spent 10 years as instructor for Turcotte Stickhandling, traveling across North America running camps at all age levels
- Created and owns SoCal Elite Hockey; a spring and summer showcase tournament program that helps players advance to prep schools and colleges
- Served as Pro Ambitions instructor for camps in Connecticut, Minnesota, and California
- Served as head coach of numerous Tier I and Tier II boys' and girls' travel teams
- Coached a u19 Girls' Tier 1 team to the USA Hockey National Championships
- Has developed and trained D1 and D3 players
STOUGHTON HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS’ SUMMER HOCKEY PROGRAM
WHAT IT IS: TK Training is an elite skills development and hockey-training program that is dedicated to helping players excel to the next level of play. This summer program will incorporate individual skills – including shooting, passing, skating, stickhandling, and positional play, - along with small area games, battles drills and 3v3 play. The mix of both will make sure each player is improving their all-around skills, while also increasing their read-and-react time, hockey IQ, and overall hockey ability. This program also allows to train together and work together as a team throughout the summer, making sure you are in the best shape possible and ready to compete for the upcoming high school season.
WHEN: Wednesday nights, 8:30pm – 10pm
From July 12th – August 16th
6 sessions total (9 total hours of ice time)
WHERE: Stoughton Ice Center
COST: $185 per player
Need 15 players to fill the program
COACHES: The program will be run by TK Training’s two professionals –
Katelyn Kurth and Steve Dougherty.
* Katelyn played 4 years of Division 1 hockey for Boston College, serving as assistant captain and captain her junior and senior year. She was part of 2 Beanpot Championships team, a Hockey East Championships team, and a Frozen Four team. She then played a year of professional hockey for the Boston Blades. She has trained D1 and D3 players.
* Steve grew up playing Tier 1 travel hockey in New Jersey, before playing Juniors in Victoria, British Colombia. He coached a boys’ high school varsity team that finished 3rd in the state in NJ, and just took his u19 Tier 1 girls team to USA Hockey National Championships in Michigan. Steve has trained both D1 and D3players
*Coach Bob Kashian will also be assisting on the ice!
CRIMSON HOCKEY CLUB BOOT CAMP AND MILITIA CUP TOURNAMENT
Players who signed a contract to play for the Crimson Hockey Club will attend a three-day Boot Camp with their teams that was included in their season tuition. This boot camp will consist of both on and off-ice training, and is designed for players’ to get to know their teammates, their trainers, and get ready for the season. The boot camp will push the players to improve their strength, stamina, coordination, and agility both on and off the ice, and work towards getting them in the best shape possible for the upcoming season. At the conclusion of the boot camp, each player is invited and encouraged to register for the Militia Cup tournament in Walpole, so the kids can play as a team and compete before the season starts.
WHEN: Boot Camp will run Tuesday, August 15th- Thursday, August 17th
’05 and ’06 Teams
8am – 9am Off-ice
9:30am – 11:30am On-ice (05 upper rink, 06 lower rink)
’03 and ’04 Teams
10:30am – 11:30am Off-ice
12pm – 2pm On-ice (03 lower rink, 04 upper rink)
1pm – 2pm Off-ice
2:30pm – 4:30pm On-ice (one team will be in each rink)
Tournament: Games will be played Friday, August 18th – Sunday, August 20th
WHERE: Training camp will be held at the Stoughton Ice Center
57 French Street, Stoughton MA
Tournament will played at Rodman Arena in Walpole, MA
COST: Tournament option is $175
TK Training Mites and Squirt Camp
WHAT: An all-day camp that focuses on developing the fundamentals at this crucial young age! Players will be taught the proper break down of the mechanics and technique of skating, shooting, and passing to ensure they have mastered the basics and created good habits before moving on to the next level. The on-ice training will consist of a balance between skills and games, making sure players’ personal development and overall game sense is improved, while having the most fun possible!
WHEN: July 31st – August 3rd
Monday through Thursday from 8:30am – 4:30pm
9am – 11am: First on-ice session (skill specific training)
11:30am – 12:15pm: Chalk Talk
Team bonding, agility games, and hockey talks
12:15pm – 12:45pm: Lunch (will be provided by rink café)
1pm – 2pm: Off-ice training
Team building, stickhandling and shooting technique, and agility training
2:15pm – 4:15pm: Second on-ice session (games and 3v3 play)
COST: $445 per player
Includes 16 hours of ice, 4 hours of off-ice, and daily lunch!
*Camps capped at 16 players for focalized and individualized coaching!
GIRLS’ BEANTOWN CLASSIC TEAMS
Future’s Blue (U19 AA), & 02AAA
Training Camp: July 24th – July 26th
Tournament: July 27th – July 30th
WHAT: The Beantown Classic is the most recruited girls’ hockey tournament in North America. It takes place from Thursday, July 27th to Sunday, July 30th at the New England Sports Center (NESC) in Marlboro, MA. Our training camp gives the girls an opportunity to play for elite coaches and experience practices with college-level drills and training. The teams will learn high-efficiency systems to utilize in the games, while playing with and getting to know girls from all over North America. The tournament is the best way to get exposure to college and prep school scouts, while getting a taste of the highest level of girls’ hockey.
TRAINING CAMP: Our training camp will consist of 3 days of both on-ice and off-ice training. The girls will get to know each other, be exposed to the highest paced practices possible, and will learn effective off-ice training.
U19 BLUE (AA): 12pm – 1:30pm on-ice; 1:45pm – 2:45pm off-ice
02 AAA: 3pm – 4:30pm on-ice; 4:45pm – 5:45pm off-ice
All at Stoughton Ice Center
TOURNAMENT: Games played Thursday – Sunday
COST: $450 per player
Includes full training camp, jersey and tournament
Stoughton Ice Center
57 French Street
Stoughton, MA 02072